Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Note From The Writer

To those who have followed the journal so far, I'd like to say hello, and thank you so much for your interest in my writing. For those who have been reading the journal over time, thank you for your patience. Please allow me to apologize for the lack of journal entries over the past few months. I felt that you, my readers, deserve an explanation of why you haven't seen a journal post for a while.

The truth is that I was stuck for a bit, and when the gears and cogs started turning again, I realized that the format is what is encumbering me in the story of Mael and his crew. I've never claimed to be an eclectic writer nor a champion wordsmith. This marks my first true attempt at a tale of any length.

What I'm getting at here is that I'm taking a hiatus from this version of the seraph Crew's story in favor of a broader, third-person perspective on things. And I'm going to take the ideas presented here and start on the first of the Seraph novels. I will rework this blog and post the first few chapters of the novel once it is finished, and I will also post links from time to time leading to other blogs where I will be posting my short stories.

I realize I'm leaving this at a cliffhanger, and I realize how much that sucks. Hopefully you can all rest easy in the knowIedge that the account of the island will be covered, in detail, in the novel I'm currently working on. I'm afraid that I just can't agree with the statement that it's better to burn out than fade away. So for now I'm going to fade and reorganize...hopefully emerging with a stronger tale and something worthy of your patience and support.

Thank you all again for your time and interest.

Sincerely,
Shane McElveen

No comments: